Litro procures 100,000MT LP Gas for next 4 months | Sri Lanka News


Litro Gas said today that it has successfully procured 100,000MT of LP Gas which will be enough to supply the country it's gas requirements for next four months.

The total consignment costs of the 100,000MT of LP Gas is $90 million and the World Bank has provided funding of $70 million, while the remaining $20 million has been provided by Litro.

Litro said 70% of the consignment will be provided to domestic consumers. An estimated 5 million 12.5kg cylinders, 1 million 5kg cylinders and 1 million 2.5kg cylinders will be obtained from this. The remaining 30% will be provided for commercial use.

An initial consignment of 33,000 tons of LPG procured by Litro at a cost of $20 million will reach Sri Lanka by the first week of July and distribution will commence immediately.(DSB)

Leave a Comment

Share to...