The fully vaccinated immunocompromised and highly vulnerable comorbid individuals to get Pfizer as their third dose from tomorrow (20), the Health Ministry said.
The third dose is given only for those who have completed two doses from any Covid-19 vaccine type and the time elapsed at least one month from the second dose.
Accordingly, the Ministry has taken the decision to include following categories for the third dose of Covid-19 vaccination for better protection:
- Immunocompromised patients due to disease or treatment
- Patients with chronic kidney disease
- Solid organ, bone marrow or stem cell transplant recipients
- Patients with cancer whether on treatment or not
- Those with asplenia and splenic dysfunction
- Patients with any other immunosuppressed state on the recommendation or referral from the treating physician
The vaccine will be provided through hospital clinics or in organized clinics at the field level after eligibility screening and with emergency preparedness.
It is also advised to use the same consent form used for adult COVID-19 vaccination for the third dose rollout. (Sheain Fernandopulle)
- Silver Jubilee of BIMSTEC | Sri Lanka News
- No fuel price revision in Sri Lanka for August: energy ministrySri Lanka to set up chartered institute of professional journalistsSri Lanka to sign MoU with Nepal on cooperation in sci tech developmentSri Lanka on track to receiving enough coal till April 2023: regulator | Sinhala News
- Mathews tests Covid-19 positive | Breaking News