The International Cricket Council (ICC) on Monday announced the most valuable team of the tournament after the conclusion of the T20 World Cup in the UAE in which two Sri Lankan players, Charith Asalanka and Wanindu Hasaranga included in the 12-player squad.
The list includes three Australian players, two each from Pakistan, South Africa and England as well as one player from New Zealand.
The ICC named Pakistan captain Babar Azam as the skipper of the side with Jos Buttler picked as wicket-keeper.
It is notable that no Indian cricketer had been named in the squad.
ICC Most Valuable Team of the Tournament :
1. David Warner (Australia)
2. Jos Buttler (wk, England)
3. Babar Azam (Captain, Pakistan)
4. Charith Asalanka (Sri Lanka)
5. Aiden Markram (South Africa)
6. Moeen Ali (England)
7. Wanindu Hasaranga (Sri Lanka)
8. Adam Zampa (Australia)
9. Josh Hazlewood (Australia)
10. Trent Boult (New Zealand)
11. Anrich Nortje (South Africa)
12. Shaheen Shah Afridi (Pakistan)